Your strategy and a roadmap to results.
Whether your requirements are for a one-day strategy retreat or full scale plan development, our process allows the best ideas to surface.
Our strategic planning service begins by assessing the institution’s current situation. We help leaders identify the strategic objectives critical to their success. We uncover the goals and tasks necessary to achieve success on your strategy and then develop financial projections based on the objectives to be pursued.
Our capital planning, enterprise risk management (ERM), and strategic alternatives/360 degree review services may be ancillary to strategic planning or provided on a stand-alone basis. Through interviews, we identify overall strategy, with an emphasis on growth plans, balance sheet risk appetite, desired capital levels, and potential sources of capital. We develop the written portion of the capital plan and often identify desired capital enhancement alternatives in the order that Senior Management and the Board intend to employ them.
Our ERM service is directly tied to your strategy, based on your risk appetite. We work closely with your management team to develop a workable solution to manage risk versus reward without creating a bureaucratic process that adds little value to your institution other than satisfying regulators.
Strategic alternatives analysis/360 degree review services are specifically designed to place an economic value on your strategy, to identify strategic value gaps that must be bridged, and to determine what you can reasonably pay or reasonably receive in a merger or acquisition transaction.
Financial projections associated with these plans include a Base Case that demonstrates the company’s financial condition and performance should Senior Management succeed at executing the strategy, a Stress Case that demonstrates the financial condition and performance should certain negative events identified by Senior Management occur, and at least two scenarios documenting the impact of capital enhancement for each of the remediation strategies.
Our approach in a snapshot:
- A process that fosters rigorous debate. Planning retreats often provide a forum to exchange and debate ideas, and expert facilitation ensures effective communication.
- Planning that gets done on time. We provide a finished strategic and/or capital plan by agreed upon completion dates.
- Strategy linked to execution. We bring the process from 10,000 feet to the ground level. Managers are given a road map with actionable tasks to accomplish organizational objectives.
Strategic planning deliverables:
- Front-end interviews that avoid group-think and retreats that help us to quickly get to the heart of the institution’s strategy.
- Retreat workbook/analytics that includes peer data.
- Facilitation of off-site retreat.
- Drafting of the strategic plan based on inputs from interviews and retreat results.
- Development of goals & initiatives necessary to execute strategy.
- Financial projections that translate initiatives into financial results.
- A completed capital plan.
- An actionable ERM framework.
- A balanced strategic alternatives analysis.