Community Banks Serving Small Business Customers in the Credit Card Space – How ICBA Bancard and TCM Bank Are Here to Help
Host: Sharon Lorman, Vice President
Cohosts: Jeff Marsico, Executive Vice President and Rich Trauger, Managing Director
Guests: Tina Giorgio, President and CEO, ICBA Bancard and Damon Moorer, President and CEO, TCM Bank N.A.
Podcast Show Notes:
- Our This Month In Banking (TMIB) podcast features discussion with colleagues and other industry thought leaders on interesting banking news that happened this month. TMIB will be available on the last Wednesday of every month here, and on Apple and Droid podcast apps for your listening enjoyment. Join us on your commute, at your desk or at home.
Topic: Community Banks Serving Small Business Customers in the Credit Card Space – How ICBA Bancard and TCM Bank Are Here to Help
- Start time: 1:28
- A recent study conducted by A.T. Kearney on behalf of ICBA Bancard and Visa, found that 38 percent of small businesses shopped for a new credit card in the past two years. 72 percent of these small businesses selected a small business credit card. With community banks already making more than 60 percent of small business loans, there is tremendous opportunity to build upon the already existing community bank-small business relationship by offering access to credit through credit cards and merchant services. Our guests are Tina Giorgio, President and CEO of ICBA Bancard and Damon Moorer, President and CEO, TCM Bank N.A who will discuss how offering credit cards is a logical extension of a community bank/small to mid-size business banking relationship
Tina Giorgio, President and CEO, ICBA Bancard
- Tina Giorgio is president and CEO of ICBA Bancard®, the largest national credit card program exclusively for the nation’s community banks. She joined the company in 2016 and focuses on developing strategies to leverage the brand among current and new customers.
- A former community banker with 30 years of experience, Giorgio served in senior leadership roles for nearly two decades at Sandy Spring Bank in Maryland. In addition, Giorgio has served on several boards and committees with the Federal Reserve, NACHA, and other industry organizations.
- Tina holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from the University of Maryland University College and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She has also completed graduate work at the BAI program in Operations and Technology Management for Banking and Financial Services at Vanderbilt University. She has been an Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) since 1993.
Damon Moorer, President and CEO, TCM Bank N.A.
- Damon Moorer is president and CEO of TCM Bank, N.A., ICBA Bancard’s credit card bank, which provides payment services exclusively for community banks, including a fully branded consumer and business credit card program. As president and CEO, Damon provides leadership, direction and guidance to advance the bank’s profitability, growth and performance. He previously served as chief operating officer of the bank. Prior to joining TCM in 2009, Damon held a number of leadership positions with FIS and Capital One Financial.
- A 19-year veteran of the of the payments industry, Damon’s expertise includes credit products, loyalty, data security and operations. He is a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and a member of ISACA, which offers industry-leading knowledge, standards, credentialing and education for information security professionals. Damon holds a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security from the University of Phoenix and is a graduate of the Florida School of Banking at the University of Florida.
Watch for episode 36 of This Month in Banking to be released on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 and a new episode on the last Wednesday of every month.
Thank you for listening!
Some links to articles may require subscription and/or login.