How to Deliver Value to your Constituencies
Host: Sharon Lorman, Vice President
Cohosts: Jeff Marsico, Executive Vice President and Gregg Wagner, Managing Director
Guest: Preston L. Kennedy, Vice Chairman of the Board, Bank of Zachary and Chairman-elect, Independent Community Bankers of America
Podcast Show Notes:
- Our This Month In Banking (TMIB) podcast features discussion with colleagues and other industry thought leaders on interesting banking news that happened this month. TMIB will be available on the last Wednesday of every month here, and on Apple and Droid podcast apps for your listening enjoyment. Join us on your commute or at your desk.
Topic: How to Deliver to Your Constituencies
- Start time: 1:27
- How do you balance the needs of your constituencies: customers, employees, communities and shareholders while simultaneously strengthening franchise value? Motives for those with a stake in the company can differ greatly and balancing the conflicting views can be challenging. In this podcast, Preston L. Kennedy, Vice Chairman of the Board of Bank of Zachary and Chairman-elect of the Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA), will tell us how the Bank of Zachary balances its four constituent groups that come together to form the basis of the Bank’s corporate culture. Even the Bank’s logo is a visual representation of the Bank’s way of doing business. Join us to hear more about Bank of Zachary’s formula for success!
- Additional topics discussed with Mr. Kennedy include his bank’s recent leadership change and succession, and his views on the OCC’s Fintech charter.
About Preston L. Kennedy
- Mr. Kennedy is Chairman-elect of the Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) and Vice Chairman of the Bank of Zachary.
- He serves as President and CEO of Zachary Bancshares, Inc. and Vice Chairman of the Board of both the bank and the holding company. He served as CEO of Bank of Zachary from 2011 to May 2018 and was President of the Bank from 2006 to December 2016. Mr. Kennedy started his career at Feliciana Bank & Trust where he rose to president and CEO in December 1994.
- Mr. Kennedy has served in many leadership roles at ICBA. He is a member of the ICBA Executive Committee, board of directors, and is chairman of the Federal Delegate Board. He also serves as Executive Committee liaison to the Consumer Financial Services Committee. Mr. Kennedy is a member of ICBA’s Policy Development and Nominating committees and previously served on the Cyber and Data Security Committee. He also previously served as treasurer on ICBA’s Executive Committee in 2014-15 and was an ICBA at-large director in 2011-12. Mr. Kennedy also served as ICBA’s state delegate for Louisiana. Mr. Kennedy has always maintained longstanding ties to his community. He is a former president of the Feliciana Chamber of Commerce and the Zachary Chamber of Commerce. He is a past president of the Rotary Club of Zachary and has served on the boards of small business incubator, Dixie Business Center, and the Lane Regional Medical Center Foundation.
- Mr. Kennedy attended Silliman Institute, holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the Louisiana State University E. J. Ourso School of Business and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking at LSU.
Watch for episode 33 of This Month in Banking to be released on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 and a new full episode plus a lite episode on the last Wednesday of every month.
Thank you for listening!
Some links to articles may require subscription and/or login.